Samsonite - Asian Warranty doesn't cover luggage casing, less than 1 year old

52 of 81 Samsonite reviews

The casing on the carry-on luggage I bought my husband in Singapore cracked less than 1 year later.

The Service Centre said it wasn't covered by the warranty because it could have been mishandled at the airport even though my husband flies business and takes this piece as carry on. They told me to send an email with a phone, but never responded.

When we had trouble with the zip in the summer, we took it to a German Samsonite shop and they had never seen this model. Apparently the Asian Samsonite products are of lower quality and aren't even sold in Europe. It's sad to say goodbye to a brand I trusted. Hellow Rimowa!

I've posted this on Facebook and many people are coming back with complaints about Samsonite. I also posted on Samsonite's page and it was taken down 1 minute later :-) They think that by erasing negative comments, the problem goes away.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
52 of 81 Samsonite reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.