Carthage, Tennessee

I bought a nice carry on Samsonite because of what I thought was a name brand, and because the store clerk raved about the 10 year warranty.

Well, one year later, while rolling down an airport, the wheel comes off. This bag has rarely been checked, especially on the most recent trips.

I go to Samsonite to find out how to get the bag serviced and there I learn the "warranty" doesn't cover normal wear and tear. The only thing it does cover is manufacturing defects. I'm sorry but I think a mfg defect would be discovered shortly after purchase and I would think even off brand products would cover that.

So, don't be fooled. Samsonite warranties are worthless. I'll be purchasing a real name brand with a real warranty. And I'm going to relay the story to as many people that I can. BTW, I travel quite a bit both personally and professionally. The crowd I hang out with travel extensively so they are the type to be purchasing luggage.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss warranty issue of samsonite bag. Samsonite needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned samsonite bag in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Samsonite.

Comments

#1420426

Yes, I agree with you. Samsonite 10 year warranty is misleading.

I have a Samsonite suitcase and after a recent trip, I found a crack on it.

Asked the aftersale service and was told that the crack is not covered under warranty. I believe the crack was due to the material defect and should be covered under warranty.