We purchased Samsonite luggage when we traveled Orlando Florida in 3rd August 2016 and used that when we travel back home. When we arrived in Dubai on the 7th, i noticed that the outer lining of the luggage was already damaged so I raised a complaint in Samsonite Mall of the Emirates branch but they maintained that the same was a result of a normal wear and tear and they don't want this to be repaired under the warranty condition. This is very disappointing as the damage was just days after it was purchased and their findings of wear and tear is ridiculous.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of samsonite suitcase. Samsonite needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned samsonite suitcase in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Samsonite.

Had an Experience with Samsonite?

Comments

A piece of luggage regardless of its brand name, price, or construction can receive damage in travel of any magnitude.If you buy a car and it gets scratched do you take it back to a car yard.

Baggage handlers can be very rough with luggage. So can train, cruise ship, bus and all the rest of these employees who handle your luggage. If they or yourself damage your suitcase don't blame the brand or the people you purchased it from. Make a claim towards the company of whom you travelled with immediately, or use your travel insurance policy.

Warranty covers defects in manufacturing & workmanship. It does not cover damage in transit even if you spent $2000 on Manderina Duck. Inspect your luggage as soon as you get it back when arriving at your destination. READ your travel ticket closely before you book your trip.

Read baggage damage policies carefully and print out a copy and travel with it. Or save that documentation to your phone, laptop or I-pad.

Most airlines, bus companies, cruise ships, train companies have a baggage damage policy. Make them stick to it. You paid for the ticket not the retailer and certainly not Samsonite.

To many consumers get it wrong when they buy luggage. Read the warranty statement inside the suitcase before purchase.

Understand it.If not happy don't buy the suitcase & consider travelling with a plastic bag instead.

wow that looks like it was dragged on something..

London, England, United Kingdom #1279482

We too bought a samsunite suitcase in florida bought it in 2013 bought it home thought we had a bargain havent used it until we got out to use worst mistake the corner plastic is broken and the zip to get to it you cant open 2 emails and no reply wont be buying frkm them again until they resolve this