1.2

Less than 1 year old hardside corner dented on first use and totally broken (starburst break) on 3rd use. Sent to Samsonite for repair/replacement.

Came back 'repaired'. As soon as my husband pushed on the repaired area with his thumb it broke through again. Called Samsonite Customer Service Center and was told that they do not replace broken hardside luggage because it was damaged in transport. I could not believe what I was hearing!

But if you read the "Limited 10 Year Global Warranty" closely -- the last "exclusion" from coverage is "transport damage" -- YES, the exact reason that you purchase luggage; and it is EXCLUDED from the warranty. I will never ever buy another SAMSONITE and recommend that no one else wastes their money like I did mine!!

Review about: Samsonite Omni Pc Suitcase.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

The point here is that Samsonite has no business offering a warranty as a form of justifying the cost of their luggage if they have no intention of honoring it. Totally misleading,,,

Why should a the luggage co pay for damage caused by another (i.e.-airline)?? Would you pay for damage caused by another???

to Anonymous #1428576

Hello, Samsonite / Hartmann Bot. Let me answer your questions.

1. A luggage company would pay for damage caused by another because they agreed to do so in a contract called a lifetime warranty. Why would they do that? Because they need a way to induce their customers to pay 4x the price of cheap luggage without a warranty.

And they are willing to do so because they know their product is built stronger than cheap luggage and therefore can stand up to the airlines. It is another form of advertising; and paying for incidental repairs builds word of mouth advertising for the brand. 2.

If I belived in my product and promised to pay for damage caused by another, then, yes, I would do so because I know it builds my brand and allows me to sell a premium product at a premium price. And because my word is worth something to me, unlike Samsonite / Hartmann.

to Own 10 Hartmann Luggage #1488443

Jeepers. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand #1341300

My husband's case has just broken on it's 6th trip .......he has been in the hotel a week and lifted it onto the bed to pack...as he did the hardcase cracked alongside the handle.

Definitely not airport luggage mishandling....just very poor quality.

Somehow I am not expecting Samsonite to believe him when he tries to claim.

Also we live in NZ and it appears there is no service centre here, so will we have to send it to Australia.....a massive suitcase, that won't be cheap!

What a waste of money. I will be pursuing it with Strandbags the retailers as they are mis-selling in my opinion and I am happy to take legal action if necessary to get them removed from sale in NZ.

They are very expensive here.

I think you buy these on the strength of the guarantee thinking nothing will break. Should not be surprised at an American guarantee being not worth the paper it's written on......typical, all marketing noise and no substance.

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1333617

No one's luggage is safe from the airline's mis-handling. Happens all the time. Best to buy a reasonable piece of luggage at a cheap price---while on sale or clearance and throw it away when it is damaged by the airline baggage handlers.