I purchased Hartmann luggage 25+ years ago and the luggage had a lifetime warranty - any problems, you contacted the company and they repaired it, no questions asked - in fact, they would even send you a loaner piece of luggage to use while your luggage was being repaired!) The zipper in my large suitcase recently broke and when I contacted Hartmann about sending it back to be repaired, I was informed that Hartmann, now owned by Samsonite, no longer honors the lifetime warranty and in order for the warranty to be honored (and have it repaired under the warranty) they now require a copy of the purchase receipt. I am SO disappointed - my decision to buy this expensive luggage was based upon the fact that not only was I purchasing quality luggage, the company stood behind their product for the life of the product. Unfortunately, Hartmann is now owned by Samsonite, a company which obviously has less integrity and does not care about customer service!!

Review about: Samsonite Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: I want Hartmann/Samsonite to honor the warranty that was in place when I purchased my luggage and repair the luggage without having to provide the purchase receipt as it is unreasonable to think that I would have kept the receipt 25 years ago .

I didn't like: No response to e-mail.

Had an Experience with Samsonite?

Comments

I had similar experience with a carry on Hartmann bag. The internal frame cracked and Samsonite would not honor the Hartmann lifetime warranty. The tale of two pitiful companies.

Bought my luggage 8 years ago. Same issue. Thanks for your comments - I thinks it's fair to be upset about paying a premium price and not receiving the premium service in return.

Fleming Island, Florida, United States #1331502

wow..25 years ago! Are you the same person you were 25 years ago? Things change, they sold the company, be upset with original Hartmann, not the company that bought them and THEIR policies.